Hosting a server with KissMP is very easy.
- The server software was included in your download of KissMP, simply extract the "kissmp-server" directory to where you would like to set up your server.
- Run the kissmp-server executable, it will generate a config file that you can edit.
- Edit the config.json file to set the level, player limit, whether it's public, etc.
- That's basically all there is to it.
If your server is running on your own PC, connect using 127.0.0.1 as the address. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
First of all, make sure that the port specified in your config.json is forwarded (How To Port Forward - General Guide to Multiple Router Brands).
If enabled in your config, your server will show up in the server list and others can just click the Connect button. Otherwise:
- If you're not using any networking software like Hamachi, people connect to your server with your public IP address (https://www.whatismyip.com).
- If you're using networking software like Hamachi, use the IP address assigned to you by that software.
To change what level the server is set on, simply specify your desired maps level path in your server configs
The easiest way to get the path of a level is by loading into the level in singeplayer and executing
print(getMissionFilename()) in the console.
If the map is modded, make sure to include it in your servers mods folder. See the instructions below on adding mods.
Having issues with setting up your server? Have a look at Troubleshooting